Hi this blog is going to be updated daily for people to see whats involved in setting up of Home hemodialysis in your home. The count down begins now.

Monday, January 10, 2011

Session 3 & 4

Session 3 & 4


Session 3 was a very interesting one for me as one of my needles fell out otherwise knowing as a blowing needle. Now don't panic and that's what i did not do as cool as anything i was able to stop bleeding but luckily the nurse was there and she was able to help me do the recirculation. In the mean time i stopped bleeding and was able to re needle again and get on and get treatment again. You can tell someone all you want on what to do when something happens but when you get first hand experinces at it it's more helpful. But am hope it not happen to me again. However if it does i know what to do.


In session 3 & 4 I've been mainly doing what I've done since session 1 the more you practice on setting up the machine and priming it, entering in the data UF, pump speed, time that better you'll get at it. I also take myself off and remove my own needles one at a time. I have also learnt how to drain the machine and remove all the lines and put sharps in the sharps bin and recycling in recycling bin.


So its now 4 session and i would feel very confident in setting up the machine and priming it and also feel happy to handle the alarms i must stress that the alarms are not like the old gambro  machines.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home